Continuous integration and static code analysis
Continuous integration deals with merging code implemented by multiple developers into a single build system. Developers frequently integrate their code and the final build is automated, developer unit test are executed automatically to ensure the stability of the build. This approach is inspired by extreme programming methodologies. With a test driven approach put into place continuous integration would yield in the following benefits.
- Identifying bugs and issues immediately as they arise.
- Automated deployment and configuration to minimize manual deployment time.
- Supports in generating documentation (Java Docs) automatically as post build steps.
- Identifying conflicts in changes integrated.
- Easier revert back to stable builds.
- Metrics which provide code complexity and coverage.